Insurance & Medical Negligence
DQ’s Dispute Resolution team regularly acts in clinical and medical negligence and more general insurance claims, ranging from medical negligence claims against medical professionals through to insurance claims arising out of a motor vehicle accident.
We understand that claims of this nature are very serious, and we always take the time to understand what clients are going through, helping them to get the answers and compensation they deserve. Where the circumstances of the litigation dictate we will advance our client’s interests via formal court proceedings in the High Court of Justice, however we will always strive to consider a more flexible approach where this may be more beneficial to the client/end result. In this regard we have experience in mediation, negotiation and alternative dispute resolution, all of which can be excellent ways of achieving a result for our clients without the stress, cost and inconvenience of a full court hearing.
Some recent examples of our work in this area include:
- Acting for the Estate of [deceased] against the Department of Health and Social Care in a two day preliminary hearing to determine issues of contributory negligence.
- Acting for the claimant and latterly their Estate in a high value medical negligence action following a delayed cancer diagnosis.
- Acting for the claimant in a high value personal injury claim following a high impact, head-on road traffic collision which resulted in severe injury and permanent disability.
- Acting for the claimant in a high value claim for negligence and breach of statutory duty against their employer following an accident at work which resulted in severe injury and permanent disability.
- Defending a high value claim for negligence and breach of statutory duty following an accident which occurred at the claimant’s place of work.