Taxation and VAT
Led by Greg Jones and Paul Cawley, former Tax Partner and Head of VAT at one of the “Big Four” locally and respected figures in the worlds of taxation and VAT, we are recognised for providing innovative and effective solutions to complex direct and indirect tax law matters.
High-quality tax planning advice is essential as tax law becomes increasingly complex, so businesses and individuals need tax specialists who are able to identify the risks and opportunities and help them ensure compliance.
Our team has comprehensive knowledge of Isle of Man and UK tax (both personal and corporate) and VAT law and deep sector insight, providing the highest level of legal advice on a wide range of taxation and VAT matters, including international tax matters and treaty planning.
Across a range of industry sectors, our modern approach to the landscape of legal and advisory services strengthens the services we provide to our clients.
Our tax team offers specialist advice to both individuals and businesses (including corporate service providers) in the following areas:
- Tax compliance and disclosure, including any registration requirements, reporting and the submission of tax returns
- Tax residence and domicile reviews
- Global Transparency and exchange of information (including Economic Substance)
- Capital/corporate taxation
- Employment and self-employment taxation and National Insurance contributions
- Special Treatment of Key Employees
- Dispensations and Benefits in kind
- Tax efficient structuring including succession and estate planning
- Property transactions dealing with tax risk
Our VAT services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- VAT and Customs advisory services
- UK and EU VAT and Customs implications of purchases and disposals and the application of Customs relief
- VAT inspections and disputes
Our team also deals with contentious tax/VAT matters and can assist with the following:
- Mediation between taxpayers and HMRC / Income Tax Division.
- Advice and representation for clients to financing arrangements undergoing UK or IOM tax investigations
- Negotiations with IOM Customs
The Island awaits the commencement of the Capacity Act 2022 (the “Act”), which will come into operation on such...
This article looks at the ‘beneficiaries’ of a pension scheme under Isle of Man law, and the types of...
Annemarie Hughes considers the subject of Tax Information Exchange Agreements (TIEAs). Click HERE to read more.
In the absence of our Tax conference that we had planned for the end of the March, we are...
Greg Jones considers the tax position for those left stranded in the UK by COVID-19… One of the consequences of...
Greg Jones shares his experience from the recent International Bar Association (IBA) Conference… The IBA’s 25th International Private Client Conference...
Greg Jones considers the fate which may await the UK’s super rich following this week’s UK General Election… Well,...
Your Tax Contacts
Greg Jones and Annemarie Hughes are both well respected Chartered Tax Advisors.