Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do you want a real work life balance and the chance to really become part of the community you live in, while still doing exceptional and challenging work? Do you have a wealth of litigation experience and a wide knowledge of commercial law?
If so, then we are looking for you…
We need a well-versed litigation lawyer with a broad experience in contentious and non-contentious litigation. A particular knowledge of Chancery and equity would be beneficial.
DQ Advocates is a leading Isle of Man based firm with an international reach. A number of our lawyers are recommended as leading lawyers by both Chambers and Legal 500, but we see the biggest perk that we offer is our genuinely supportive family-friendly culture, where real work-life balance can be achieved.
Our culture is best summed up in our vision ‘we nurture excellent people to deliver exceptional service in a respectful working environment’ and we really follow through on this promise—from the usual benefits you’d expect at this level including generous annual leave, pension, training and development, to complementary acupressure and reflexology, and a half-day off for your birthday. But more than that, we actively encourage our staff to become involved in the community from charity and theatre to local business initiatives.
The successful candidate will five years or more PQE and be:
- Comfortable taking instruction from clients and their advisors, on a wide range of matters, including commercial disputes, contract issues, and insolvency.
- Experienced in managing legal cases within the wider team, as well as managing junior lawyers.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of ability in undertaking legal research, writing legal opinions, negotiating settlements, and drafting briefs for external advisors.
- Skilled in preparing cases for court, including holding client conferences, preparing legal arguments and be confident in advising clients on matters of law, evidence, and the strength of their case.
- Able to represent clients before the Isle of Man High Court and tribunal. A pathway to qualification as a Manx Advocate will be made available and qualification as a Manx Advocate will be a condition of the employment.
- As with any modern firm, the successful candidate will be required to undertake and promote business development and networking opportunities for both their own practice and the wider firm.
The successful candidate can expect a competitive salary, a beneficial tax rate, and an excellent benefits package. Relocation packages may be available for the right candidate.
DQ expects those appointed to take responsibility for delivering excellence, achieve the best possible outcomes, embrace change, and act in the best interests of the firm.
If that sounds like a role you could embrace, or if you have any questions, please get in touch and we will be happy to talk it through.